Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Year New Me Bullsh*t?

I stopped writing my new year resolutions i think when i was in college because i realized that i didn't really do what i write lol. Some cases i didn't even try. And yeah until now i do still feel reluctant to write anything cos i feel like i'm gonna fail.
But i think i figured out what was the problem that i failed to do those years of resolutions. I too focused (and ambitious) on the goals, without thinking too much of the process, so i ended up procrastinating.

This year i'm gonna try a different way to do my resolutions. Instead of listing a whole lot of them, i'll only write one at a time and try to accomplish it. So i'll feel a sense of accomplishment everytime i got it done, instead of failure when i look back a year later and see that i can't even do half of the list.

And for the first one is...
Be able to do split.
LOL
maybe it's seems silly but this is actually huge for me as a dancer. Because i'm actually really inflexible, and yeah i think it'll be awesome if i can actually do it! I've been trying to get this done for years, but again, i think i too focused on the goal without knowing what i must do.
But since 2-3 months ago, i'm trying to focus on the process instead! I didn't even set a time limit of when i must be able to do it, but i try to commit to the process, which is everytime i go to the gym (3 times a week), i'll do my warm up & flexibility stretch.
And now, i'm almost there!! Maybe i'll be able to do it in a month but nevertheless i feel kinda proud of myself for just being able to commit to the process :))





0 comments:

Post a Comment